Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Geez, do posts on Blogger not have titles? Either that or my interface never got upgraded from the olden days.

Anyways, here begins my tech blog, which I said I'd create for years and years and only started when I managed to login to this blog which I'd last used in 2003. Hey, it's got a good URL.

I'm currently a week behind in my SQL Server 2005 class; the first assignment was due last Thursday night and it's now Wednesday afternoon. Given that I've been a DBA for over 3 years the reason I'm behind in class is because Windows hates me, as does all Microsoft software. So many installation problems, you don't want to know.

Currently I've got a Windows Server 2003 that can't connect to the internet (hours of hair-pulling torture last week) running on a triple-core AMD computer but I can't install SQL Server on multiple-core AMD machines. I had to edit boot.ini to use only one processor, uninstall what had been installed of SQL Server, and now start again. Now I am clicking a whole lot of Next > buttons and praying. Well, cursing and praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home